I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

Monday 20 June 2016

Forgiveness is . . . . rediscovering the strengths we always had . . . .

Dear Family and Friends,

Monday - We had the best pday ever - Sister Gillette and I TOOK A NAP. That is the best. Basically, it made us so much happier all day! Then we went to IKEA with the district, and just walked around and such...and...it was fun! Then we ended up teaching a random lesson after Pday with these guys at their doorstep, and after the lesson we said a prayer and things and then left and one of the guys ran out down the street after us asking us to tell him more about prophets and our beliefs! He mainly kind of wanted to bash us...but we just gave him a Book of Mormon and told him to read it and pray about it. It was an interesting night!

Tuesday - Wow. We had a crazy day! We taught a lesson with Milla, a member from our ward who is going to do a mini mission with us soon (SO EXCITING!) and saw this less active family we are working with! We then travelled to Birmingham to pick up some new sisters and bring them to Leicester! So then we went to Leicester, and then we went BACK to Coventry and got stuck in traffic....but we made it in time for our DA and family night with Georgie!

Wednesday - So Sister Gillette had "trunky meeting" - so basically about 6 months before you go home, the mission does a self reliance meeting to talk about your life plans and stuff. They want to make sure we can function when we go home...which is good. So I got to work in Coventry with sister gombe for the day! And travel to Birmingham and back twice....wow. It was crazy haha. We then also saw Adriana, a lady we are teaching and had a GREAT lesson with her after I got Sister Gillette back.

Thursday - EXCHANGES! We had exchanged with Sister Larsen and Sister Horwath, who are both so fun, and we saw MIRACLES. We had some amazing lessons, and were able to see this part member family we are working with and had a GREAT lesson about the plan of salvation, AND they had been reading and praying together as a family :) it was great!! AND the best thing of all - we had this girl in our ward who I love to death, but who hasn't been to church in a while text us saying she wanted her testimony back! I could've cried. It was the best day. :)

Friday - We had some more amazing lessons, and Sister Horwath and I went tracting and basically tracted some mansions. I tried to take a picture cause there were lion statues but I missed the statues and just got a wall  and our faces haha. We then took the sisters back to the train station, and....it was great! We then had a lesson with Georgie and....did her hair! Haha and then saw bill, who I love so much but he's moving back to Nigeria soon till September....sadness. But we had a great lesson with him!

Saturday - I finished the Old Testament!!!! Yep. I started it in Rhiwbina and I FINALLY FINISHED. I'm now in the New Testament and I'm super excited about that. I have a goal to read all the scriptures through at least once on my mission and I'm almost done D&C as well so this is good. I learned a LOT from the Old Testament (lots about sacrifice....) but I'm excited to start the New Testament. I love learning about Christ's time on earth. But anyways! This day was a day of service. We did a garden service and went to teach a lesson and ended up stripping off wallpaper...AND teaching an amazing lesson. We were teaching the Plan of Salvation, and during the lesson one of the sons (there are 3 kids, 2 sons and a daughter) said "mom, you need to get us baptized!" And they were just like "when can we do it??" It was SO COOL. The spirit is a powerful thing and it touched their hearts :)

Sunday - MIRACLE DAY!!! So we had 3 less active people we were working with COME! And they had never come before, so this was a miracle. Most of them hadn't come for YEARS. It made me so very happy. And then we had the part member family we were working with come too, and they loved it which was FABULOUS. and members gave us food and chocolate, which is always a miracle as well. AND we were able to help Solange with her family history! Life is good here in Coventry.

So in my studies this morning, I was reading in Matthew in the New Testament, and I came across this quote in the institute study manual that goes along with the chapter I was reading. 

"Forgiveness is freeing up and putting to better use the energy once consumed by holding grudges, harboring resentments, and nursing unhealed wounds. It is rediscovering the strengths we always had and relocating our limitless capacity to understand and accept other people and ourselves" - Sidney Simon 

I really like the end part of that quote...and I think some times I don't think that about forgiveness. Sometimes I don't realize the ability I have to understand and accept others, let alone myself. I think sometimes forgiving ourselves is even harder than forgiving others...and that's something I want to work on this week. I want to understand and accept myself and others a whole lot more. 

I love you all lots!! Thank you for your support!!


~ Sister Emma Beazer ❤️🇬🇧🇨🇦

send real mail to:
Sister Emma Beazer
67 Blondvil Street
Coventry
CV3 5EQ
England 

or the Mission Home Address:
Sister Emma Beazer
England Birmingham Mission
187 Penns Lane
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
United Kingdom
B76 1JU

e-mail anytime:
emma.beazer@myldsmail.net



Face Masks....

with the whole District! 

......almost   ;)

Lots of new sisters :)  
helping drive people for days!  ;) - hahaha




Exchanges!!!

tried to take pictures of the lions... but missed!

CANADA!!

Bill!!




No comments:

Post a Comment