I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Her first area of service is. . . . . .

FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!

Sooo....where am I? I bet you all want to know :) I AM IN WALES!!!! (wait what? Yeah I said Wales). My area in is Rhiwbina, which is in Cardiff, which is the capital of Wales. WALES IS BEAUTIFUL!! They say there are more sheep than people here, but I would say there are more giant slugs than people.....I don't want to count how many I have accidentally crushed whilst biking. Oh yeah, and this is a biking area!! Soooo I bike every day. In a skirt or dress. Let me tell you....it is a challenge. Not flashing people whilst biking in a skirt is difficult. BUT I am doing good! 

My companion's name is Sister Lowder and she is from ARIZONA!! She said that she wants to visit Canada and so when the missions are done our families should visit each others homes. Which would be lovely because I KNOW dad would love to go to Arizona :) 

She is amazing. She has only been out for 6 months, and I am her first trainee but she is incredible. She loves the gospel and loves the people here and I am SO grateful she is my trainer. Even though she made me do the longest bike ride (about 45 minutes one way) on the very first day. 

Also, did I mention Wales is completely HILLS? Yeah. Biking up and down hills every day whilst carrying scriptures and books. So fun. So so so fun. But I am learning to love it!

We have a couple really SOLID investigators. They want to get baptized in September and I think it is a very real possibility. Smoking is a HUGE thing here, so that is the main problem for pretty much everyone we teach. But our 2 solid investigators are Lisa and Lisa (there are SO many Lisa's here. Like 4 investigator Lisa's right now actually). And they are amazing! They both have such a testimony that God loves them and that they want to be baptized. we just have to get them to wake up for 9 o'clock church and to stop smoking! But they are progressing AMAZINGLY!

I have a bit of a spiritual thought to share. I tend to be hard on myself (something President Preston and I talked about at the MTC), and the first couple days here I was really hard on myself cause I was TERRIFIED of talking to people on the street. I still did it, but was terrified. And I was frustrated cause I felt like I shouldn't be frustrated (weird cycle, I know) and It was hard. BUT I started reading in the hymns, and read hymn #166, and verse 3 really stuck out to me. 

It says :
"I need thy presence every passing hour. What but they grace, can foil the tempters power. Who, like thyself, my guide and stay can be? Thru cloud and sunshine Lord, abide with me." 

And Then I was reading the scriptures that go along with the song, John 15:4-12 and verse 7 hit me especially hard. It says " If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." 

BAM. I didn't need to be frustrated. I just needed to draw closer to my Saviour and pray and trust in Him, and ask for strength. And even if I am scared, as long as I keep talking to people and doing service and doing my best, I will be blessed. I have already seen evidence in that in the 5 days I have been here. 

I love that we are always helped by the Saviour and don't have to rely on our own strength. If I had to do that, I wouldn't even be on a mission. I wouldn't have finished first year engineering. I wouldn't have done a lot of things. But I know that " I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13). And I know that I can.


On Sunday I got to play the organ here! They hadn't had an organist for YEARS (they just used their piano) and I got to play the organ and the ward was SO THANKFUL! And I loved it :) I love using music to help people. I think that is part of the reason I am here. So that was really cool and amazing. And I have gotten to sing to quite a few investigators/less actives during lessons. I love music and the spirit it brings :)

If you send mail, send it to this address whilst I am here in Wales so it comes faster (I will be here for AT LEAST 12 weeks so yeah)

Sister Emma Beazer
44E Heol Llanishen Fach
Cardiff, Wales
CF14 6LE
United Kingdom

Love you!

Sister Beazer :)

emma.beazer@myldsmail.net


Sister Lowder and Sister Beazer





My companion, me . . . . AND ELDER HUNTER and his companion! 
I saw Elder Hunter at transfers and we chatted for a bit. 
It was SO cool but so weird to see a familiar face here. 
So weird. We both had weird looks on our faces when we saw 
each other the first time haha. Wouldve been a perfect picture moment I think.




Hey!


So many lilipads!
Blue sky in WALES (WHAT) and also my flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment