I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

Tuesday 26 January 2016

Notice the little miracles...

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been so good! Sister Gaffney was feeling a lot better so
we were able to go out way more, and members were able to take us as
well -  which was AWESOME! Thank you thank you for the prayers, it really
is helping! :)

Monday - we had a pretty chill pday, we just emailed, went to town for
a bit, and then went to the Bernard's that night for dinner! We had a
fun family home evening with them, which was wonderful. I love going
to family home evening as a missionary, it is so much fun! We then
came back to the flat, and I did some paperwork and sister Gaffney
rested.

Tuesday - We were able to have a lovely lesson with Ben, a recent
convert who married Lynne, who is a lady in our ward. They are
AMAZING. I was so impressed with how much he already knew about the
gospel....he has studied a lot and really tried to learn more so he
can understand more, it was wonderful to learn from him! I love being
able to hear recent converts stories, it just reminds me how great the
gospel is! We then went and were able to see Rosemary, and to help her
with her personal progress! She just looks after us so much as well, I
feel like she is my Rhiwbina grandma :) she is amazing as well. Her
family is going through a lot and she just has so much faith that
everything will work out.

Wednesday -  We went out teaching with Vicki!!! She is amazing!! We
hadn't been able to see John, the blind man we teach for a LONG time
because he lives in one of the farthest parts of our area, and with
sister Gaffney ill we couldn't go bike there, so she came and we were
able to have a wonderful lesson with him! Vicki was amazing to go
teach with, she is such a good teacher! And she doesn't even know it!
Then we went out teaching with a Lauren, YSA girl in our ward who is
putting in her papers soon, and she came out with us and we ended up
getting two return appointment while with her, which is AWESOME! I am
so excited to go back this week, and hopefully she can come with us
again :) she is going to be an amazing missionary.

We then had the world wide missionary conference thing, which was
AMAZING! Basically, it was a broadcast for ALL the missionaries in the
world, and was just focused on helping us all become better. It was so
good!

Thursday - We went to a funeral of a lady in our ward, she was almost
91, and she was amazing! The funeral was so good, it was wonderful to
hear all the stories about her, and everyone was just so...not happy
per say, but glad that she gets to be with her husband again, as he
died many years ago. We also finally met a member we had tried
stopping by before and they invited us back!! I got to play the organ
for the funeral as well, which was wonderful. I love being able to use
my talents to help the ward! We then had the Holcombes for dinner that
night, and had the last supper with them (as sister Gaffney goes home
in a week, so she won't have another dinner appointment with them) and
they are just the funniest family. I love them!

Friday - we had district meeting, which was WONDERFUL! I love my
district, and I love learning from them. We mostly talked about the
big  meeting we had on Wednesday and what we learned from it, and it
was just so good to review with them. We then went to see our friend
named Wendy, and her husband Lewis, and....they are both quite old,
and so they tell us just the funniest thing. But it was really good to
see them and to teach them for a little bit. We then had the Liassides
that night for dinner, I love them so much! AND we are doing this
thing with the members, where each family writes their testimony in a
Book of Mormon and then gives it back to us to use as we teach people.
we got the Book of Mormon from them, and so we get to use it this week
and I am so excited :) we then went to basketball that night, and I
had to play on the serious side cause they had uneven numbers...and I
will have you know, I played hard and SCORED TWICE. During the game,
which is a bit deal cause I am not the best at basketball at all haha.
So that was fun!

Saturday - we weekly planned for awhile, and then went to the Cardiff
missionaries baptism! They were having two, and it was SO cool to go
to my first baptism as a missionary! The spirit was so strong, and it
was good to support the other missionaries in our zone as well. I
loved it! We then went and saw Marilyn, and had a good little lesson
with her. She is just the sweetest thing.

Sunday - we had church, which was FABULOUS as per usual, and then went
over to the riders for dinner! They are so wonderful, and they really
do look after us. It was so nice to be able to spent that time with
them. we then tried stopping by a few people as we came home and no
one was in, but that's ok! We left loads of notes :)

Spiritual thought and challenge!! 

So this week I have been reading in what is called the "war chapters" of the Book of Mormon. The bad guys try and kill the good guys, the good guys trick them and end up getting ahold of the cities they want, etc...it has been exciting! I actually love reading these chapters, because the world today is just a bit crazy sometimes and we are living in war zone, in our own way. 
I was reading about a man named Moroni, who is probably my FAVORITE scripture hero ever! (not that we should pick favourites, but...I have..)

There are a couple scriptures in Alma 48 that talk about the kind of person he was,

"11 And Moroni was a strong and a mighty man; he was a man of a perfect understanding; yea, a man that did not delight in bloodshed; a man whose soul did joy in the liberty and the freedom of his country, and his brethren from bondage and slavery;

 12 Yea, a man whose heart did swell with thanksgiving to his God, for the many privileges and blessings which he bestowed upon his people; a man who did labor exceedingly for the welfare and safety of his people.

 13 Yea, and he was a man who was firm in the faith of Christ..."

I was just thinking about the kind of person I want to be, the example I want to be for my family, and friends, and for other missionaries, and I want to be like Moroni! I want to be strong and mighty (as much as I can haha), and a person whose soul delights in the freedom of my country, a person whose heart swells with thanksgiving to God, and all the other things it says!

So this week I am focusing on being grateful for all the little miracles I see every day. There are so many miracles that happen in my life, and so many things I should be grateful for so I want to give thanks for them to God and to the people around me :) My challenge this week is to just notice the little miracles in the day, if it is a flower blooming, a bird singing, someone smiling at you while you are walking down the street, whatever it is! Notice the miracles!

I love you all! Thank you for the support and the love I feel from all of you!

Sister Emma Beazer

FYI - next transfer is February 3

send real mail to:
Sister Emma Beazer
44E Heol Llanishen Fach
Cardiff, Wales
CF14 6LE
United Kingdom  

or the Mission Home Address:
Sister Emma Beazer
England Birmingham Mission
187 Penns Lane
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
United Kingdom
B76 1JU

e-mail anytime:

Beautiful Sister Missionaries in Wales!

Sunrise

Our District.......


































On a train....
























Waiting for a bus..



























A video of Wales.....

No comments:

Post a Comment