I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

Monday 14 March 2016

A Welsh Goodbye

Dear Family and Friends,

Monday - we went to town for a bit, and played some sports with the Elders which was fun and then went and had FHE with a single sister in the ward, which was REALLY good! It was so fun to go and do that with her.

Tuesday - we went and had a very interesting lesson with a man named Ian. He is halfway through Helaman in the Book of Mormon, and this is his 2nd time reading through it. He has lots of ideas and questions and it was really just...an interesting lesson. Sister sharp will be back to see him this week with her new companion, so it should be exciting! We then went and tried stopping by some other people, and got to see Marilyn again! She is the sweetest thing, and we gave her the info about when the family history centre is open and so she will be coming to do that soon!

Wednesday - we had zone meeting! It was Elder Page's last zone meeting, so we were able to hear his departing testimony which was so good. He is an awesome missionary :) we then went to fairwater and met a lady named Diane, who is also just quite the character. She was sweet though,  and she believes the church is true which is AMAZING. We also went to youth that night and played death hockey, which I have played before and is just hockey, with the lights turned off and glow sticks on the sticks and the puck - it is WAY fun and it was really good to be able to help out with youth!

Thursday - we went and saw John, with Lynne and Ben Naylor from the ward and it was SO good. He is listening to the Book of Mormon on CD right now (cause he's blind and can't read) and so hopefully will be coming to church soon! He is wonderful :) we then hiked a mountain to get to this appointment in a tiny village just out of Cardiff, we walked through the forest and fields and it was an ADVENTURE, but we made it safely and on time which was good! We had to travel to Merthyr that night, as we had exchange on Friday! Exchanges have changed, and now both sisters travel to the sister training leaders area and work there for the day, each with one of the STL's, so it was cool to get to travel up there with sister sharp.

Friday - we had exchange! I went with Sister Marsden for the day, and Sister Sharp went with sister Sorensen. We went and visited this lovely man name Richard, who just loves the Book of Mormon and has such a good heart, it was wonderful to visit with him. We then went tracting for a bit, and visited some lovely people, it was interesting to see how tracting is different in different areas! We then came back for lunch and I got a call from president telling me that I was called to be a Sister Training Leader 😬 that made the rest of the day quite emotional, but it was good to be with the sister training leaders at the time I got the call to talk through it with them a bit. They are just so wonderful. This was a HUGE shock to me. Since I am training Sister Sharp, I was supposed to be with her for 12 weeks....and it has been 6.  We then travelled back to Rhiwbina and went to games night! 

I am going to Coventry, and as a Sister Training Leader will be covering the Coventry zone sisters, and the Leicester zone sisters. My companion will be Sister Chen ( I think that is how it is spelled) and she is from Taiwan actually! She will be helping me to start this new adventure and help me to know what to do as STL. My goodness. She also goes home in 6 weeks, so I have 6 weeks to learn how to be STL and to learn my new area. I am VERY nervous, but I know that the Lord will help me out as I do my best to serve him in this new calling.

Saturday - we had brunch with the Maizeys, who I just love SO much, and then went and saw Rosemary! She is looking after this cat right now, and is just so funny about it haha. She loves her cats. We then helped out at a member of the wards nerf gun birthday party, and did some service there, and then weekly planned so that sister sharp could feel comfortable taking over the area after I leave! We got some good plans set, and she should be just fine :)

It is really hard because no one was expecting me to leave at ALL, so I have a lot of goodbyes to say, and I was hoping to pick up some Welsh things, but it may have to wait till I come back to visit. This is like my second home and it will be REALLY hard to leave, and I LOVE Sister Sharp and am so sad that I have to leave her as well. But I am excited for the next adventure and to learn and grow even more. I know I have been called for a reason, and there are people that God needs me to help, and people that need to help me, and that is in Coventry, so there I will go!

Sunday - we had church, and I had to say goodbye to most of the members of the ward, which was really hard....I love Rhiwbina and it was so hard to say goodbye. They sang the Welsh goodbye to me and Elder Page, and I just bawled the whole time, this place feels like home and it is going to be really hard to leave. We then went to the Rider's for dinner, and then to the Webb's for one last coordination, and said goodbye to them. It was quite an emotional day, but it was good :)

So in my studies this week, especially towards the end of the week, I have been thinking a lot about my faith and...where I am at with my faith. I came across this quote from Boyd K. Packer, which says,

 "There are two kinds of faith. One of them functions ordinarily in the life of every soul. It is the kind of faith born by experience; it gives us certainty that a new day will dawn, that spring will come, that growth will take place. It is the kind of faith that relates us with confidence to that which is scheduled to happen. …

“There is another kind of faith, rare indeed. This is the kind of faith that causes things to happen. It is the kind of faith that is worthy and prepared and unyielding, and it calls forth things that otherwise would not be. It is the kind of faith that moves people. It is the kind of faith that sometimes moves things. … It comes by gradual growth. It is a marvelous, even a transcendent, power, a power as real and as invisible as electricity. Directed and channeled, it has great effect. …"

I was thinking...I have the faith that comes from experience. I am trying to work towards having faith that causes things to happen, that changes the world in whatever way I can change it for the better. I completely believe that each of us, as individuals can change the world for the better in SOME way, and it is up to us to figure out how to do that. I am hoping that in the next few weeks, and months, I can work towards having the faith that changes things and people and makes the world a better place, so my challenge this week, is just to notice the influence you have on others around you, and to do something that changes someones day for the better! The small things we do really have an influence, and we can help people every day just by doing those small things :)

I love you all lots, and I am excited (although nervous) for this next adventure on my mission!

Love,
Sister Beazer

send real mail to the Mission Home Address:
Sister Emma Beazer
England Birmingham Mission
187 Penns Lane
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
United Kingdom
B76 1JU

e-mail anytime:
emma.beazer@myldsmail.net


It was the first British cooked breakfast for Sister Sharp, although for some reason I couldn't get either of them to eat 'blood pudding'😀 

We're gonna miss this one so much! Thank you for lending her to us. We have loved her being part of our lives. The ward said farewell to her today in our customary way.... (The Maizey Family)

Goodbyes are never easy, especially with friends.
Coventry are lucky to have Sister Beazer!
As for Texas,
I don't think they're ready for the return of Elder Page.
(The Webb's)

Saying goodbye to Sister Beazer (for now!) 😢
what a wonderful girl!
Thank you 
Patricia Beazer for sharing her with us! 

(Amy Hutchinson)

more goodbyes


Dodge Night Dominoes (pizza)
Nerf Gun Wars!

Sister Training Leader's exchange!

and more goodbyes


















No comments:

Post a Comment