I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

Tuesday 30 August 2016

He will provide the way for you to accomplish it.

Dear Family and Friends,

My week!

So this week has been CRAZY busy, but also way fun. Sorry if this letter is a bit random, I don't think I will be able to remember everything that happened.  It started off amazing with a fantastic family night with the Sebastio family! The kids will be getting baptised in September, and the family is becoming active again with has been so cool to see :) all the kids came to church on Sunday...so cool!! 

Then on Tuesday we had our 1st exchange of the week, with the Warwick sisters!!! I was with Sister Johnson, who actually was in the MTC with me so that was fun! It was amazing to see how much we both have changed and grown since then, and we saw MIRACLES on our exchange. It was crazy, we were visiting this less active lady, and while we were there her friend came over and we taught him, and then we were just walking down the street and met a load of families that we went back to later on, and started teaching a mother and daughter as well. ALL on the same street. We spent probably about 4 hours there and met and taught so many people, it was so cool. 

We then had a wonderful walk through the forest to get back to our flat, and that evening ... we saw more miracles! We were visiting a part member family, and are now teaching the whole family, and they really want to take the steps to come back to church. Their hearts were so open, which was amazing. 

Then on Wednesday Sister Johnson and I went to Birmingham for "trunky meeting". Basically, it's a big meeting that every missionary in our mission has to go to when they have less than 6 months left on their mission, and we talk about preparing to go home....it was LONG, but it was really good and got me thinking about what I need to do to prepare. 

Then that night we saw Kristina, who is back from her holiday in Albania!! She made us the most delicious food ever and we had a fantastic lesson :) 

Then Thursday came around and we started exchanges part 2.....wow. We had the Stamford sisters come up, and I was with Sister Mwoyosvi from Zimbabwe! We visited our friends from Zimbabwe, who LOVED her, and we also cooked food from Zimbabwe for her when we had lunch. Using the skills we learned at investigators houses for good - and she actually enjoyed it!! 

We finished exchanges up on Friday, and let me tell you....I was exhausted. But, we had a fantastic weekend, saw lots of people and set things up AND we had friends come to church for the first time in forever. It was a huge miracle and we were so happy!!! 

We met this guy while looking for someone who used to come to church, and just invited him to church like on the spot and gave him our number and the church address, and he actually came! We hadn't even taught him anything, but he loved it and now we will be visiting him this week! SO COOL!

This week I have been thinking a lot about a talk I read earlier by Elder Holland. It is called "the Inconvenient Messiah". I had a friend suggest that I read it a while back, and I did, but then felt I should read it again this week.  There is a quote in it that I just love, that says, "If God has told you that something is right, if something is indeed true for you, He will provide the way for you to accomplish it." I was thinking about this and just about some examples from the scriptures, like Nephi going to get the plates, and just how TRUE this is. If God has told us something is right and he wants us to do it, as we work and put in effort to do so, he will provide a way for us to accomplish it. He won't necessarily give whatever it is to us on a silver platter, but he will provide a way as we work. I've seen that this week with missionary work, and just with myself. God is constantly helping me to do what I need to, and what will bless me the most, as I work for it.

I love you all lots!

~ Sister Emma Beazer ❤️🇬🇧🇨🇦

send real mail to:
Sister Emma Beazer
67 Blondvil Street
Coventry
CV3 5EQ
England 

or the Mission Home Address:
Sister Emma Beazer
England Birmingham Mission
187 Penns Lane
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
United Kingdom
B76 1JU

e-mail anytime:

"The Inconvenient Messiah" by Jeffrey R. Holland - https://www.lds.org/ensign/1984/02/the-inconvenient-messiah.p1?lang=eng

All the missionaries I go home with...

aren't we a mature crew?


Exchanges...

Exchanges...

+ meeting

Nature walk on exchange #1




Who can make African food? 

Sister Gillette and I :) 

exchanges part 2

The Sebastio family :) minus the boys haha






No comments:

Post a Comment