I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE

Monday 7 November 2016

SO hard, but SO good.

Dear Family and Friends,

So I was thinking of what to write in this email, and what to say about my week...and to be honest, I think this week has been the hardest week of my mission so far. And it's been so so so good for me. So hard, but so good. So I apologise in advance if this email doesn't have any funny stories or exciting moments, but here is my week. 

Basically, Monday through Thursday, we were able to teach like...no one. And just got rejected all day every day. Lots of rude people, loads and loads of rejection. Which generally doesn't get me too down, because rejection is life, but this week was HARD. There are some other things that go into it, but it was just..hard. I have been so exhausted lately (yay for the old missionary life) and on Thursday night I was just so frustrated with myself because I was feeling so inadequate and exhausted and just...frustrated. The missionary work wasn't going great and I felt that it was my fault (dumb I know) because I was so exhausted. 

I have a goal to be really positive no matter what happens so I'd been trying to be super positive to help my companion through all the rough times, and I was just tired of trying so hard. So I had a good talk with Heavenly Father, and just asked him to help me make it just through the next day positively, as I asked the elders to give me a blessing Friday night. I prayed pretty much every couple hours just to make it to the next thing, just to get through every hour and I did it! 

He sent little tender mercies along the way to help me do it as well. There was a random guy who  after we knocked on his door (and got rejected), a few minutes later opened up his door again as we were still on the street knocking his neighbors door, and gave us water bottles and told us we could lock our bikes up near his flat anytime we wanted to knock this street cause he had cameras guarding it. Then, a lady with awesome music was SO nice to us and let us pet her dog, and then we finally had a great lesson with an investigator we had been trying to see the whole time Ive been here. And I made it to Friday night, and got a blessing. And you know what? Nothing crazy was said, but the peace I felt with the work I was doing was amazing. And the added strength I got was exactly what I needed. 

No matter how hard things are, God is there for us. He helps us when we just ask him! Sometimes I get so stubborn that I stop asking for help when I am struggling.....which is when I need the help the most. And this week was good because I needed to be reminded that asking for help is what I need to do. Jesus Christ suffered all the pains and afflictions and trials we have been through so that we can ask him for help and he can understand what we need and give it to us. I am so so so so grateful for the atonement. Because of that, and the enabling power of it, I can have the strength I need to make it through every day. And not just make it through by dragging myself through, but I can make it through smiling and happy. 

Yes, sometimes it's hard. In fact, a lot of the time it is hard! But...if we use the atonement daily and sometimes hourly, or whenever we need it, we can make it through every hard time. Every single one. I know that. And I am so grateful for that knowledge. 

I was reading this morning and found one of my favourite scriptures that fits this moment :) 

Doctrine and Covenants 121: 7-8

7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;

8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.

And then... Doctrine and Covenants 123:17

17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed. 

Thank you to everyone who supports me and helps me as I serve. Every prayer is appreciated, every email, every letter, just everything is so appreciated. I don't always express that enough or well enough but just know I am so grateful for all of you who support me. Thank you. 

I love you all lots! 

~ Sister Emma Beazer ❤️🇬🇧🇨🇦


e-mail anytime:
emma.beazer@myldsmail.net

send real mail to:
Sister Emma Beazer
16 Lime Kiln Close
West Park
Peterborough
PE3 9TN


or the Mission Home Address:
Sister Emma Beazer
England Birmingham Mission
187 Penns Lane
Sutton Coldfield
West Midlands
United Kingdom
B76 1JU


Sister Beazer and Elder Cook
















Bus rides.....

and long days...


































more bus rides!

no bike lights!!











































Welcome to the relief society district, 

where our leader is the relief society president (Elder Bowen)


































It was a hard week so...





















I got ready for Christmas ðŸŽ„


























YAY for cathedrals!

Peterborough Cathedral








No comments:

Post a Comment